Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Moving North on the East Coast of Florida

The next stops were north of Miami / Homestead in the Boynton Beach / Wellington / Loxahatchee areas of Florida. The first destination on Tuesday morning was Southeast Growers in Wellington. I had called ahead and asked to see some specific material including Polyalthia longifolia, Mangrove, Mahogany, Bauhinia, and Cassia. Those items were tagged but I (of course) found some other treasures that would work well in our space.



The photo to the left is the Polyalthia longifolia. It is a very cool tree - straight and narrow with weeping leaves. I saw it throughout Thailand. It will be used near our special events pavilion in the more formal section of the plantings.




Also, here is a photo of a very cool Pandanus tree that I found at Southeast Growers - check out the roots! It will be placed near the stream but not too close to the path because of the razor sharp leaves.









Next stop - a place I'd never been too... Tropical Landscapers. I saw an ad in the "Plant Finder" magazine which had a photo of some crazy clipped bougainvilla. It was on my route north so I decided to stop by. I went wild over these plants! I had a tough time deciding which I should take but finally selected 3 pots of multi pom pom purple.




After Tropical Landscapers, I stopped at Excelsa Gardens for my usual assortment of plants including Tiger Grass, Ferns, Spathoglottis orchids, Rangoon Creeper, Red Sealing Wax palms, Sting Ray Alocasia, etc. or as they say in Thailand...++.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home